In this article we present you the rules for the 4th Münster Fotomarathon.
The goal of the Münster Online Half Fotomarathon 2021 (short: #FMMS2021) is to create a photo series consisting of 6 photos to 6 given photo titles within 6 hours.
- Basic principles
- The FMMS2021 starts on September 25, 2021 at 10:00 am (CEST) and ends at 16:00 pm. All photos have to be taken by this time. Editing and uploading of the photos is possible until 20:00 (CEST).
- All digital cameras (i.e. all digital SLR cameras, system cameras, compact cameras and also cell phone cameras) are permitted for the creation of the photos. Analog cameras are excluded from the competition.
- Main theme and photo title
- The main theme as well as the 6 photo titles will be published on our homepage fotomarathon-ms.de on the day of the photomarathon at 10:00 am (CEST).
- The task is to create a photo series with a total of 6 photos from the 6 photo titles. The main theme of the Fotomarathon serves as the “red thread” of the photo series.
- Mind the order
- The order of the 6 photos within the photo series must correspond to the order of the 6 photo titles. The decisive factor here is the time at which the photo was taken, i.e. you must have taken the photo for photo title 1 before the photo for photo title 2, and so on.
- The numbering of the 6 photos uploaded later must correspond to the shooting order.
- Start number on the first photo
- Your start number, which you will receive by e-mail together with your starting documents in the week before the Fotomarathon, must be clearly recognizable on the first photo of your photo series.
- You can insert your start number in any form, for example with the help of house numbers, car license plates, billiard balls or as a painted number in your first photo. Be creative and come up with something!
- Format & Image Editing
- All photos must be uploaded in JPEG format.
- Editing of the photos is allowed. Compositing, i.e. combining several photos into one image, is also allowed as long as the image elements used were taken by you on the day of the photo marathon. The use of archive or stock photos is excluded.
- Photographs may be taken in portrait format as well as in landscape format. However, for aesthetic reasons, we recommend choosing a uniform image format and aspect ratio.
- Upload to the cloud
- At the end of the photo marathon, you will upload the 6 photos in the specified order in JPEG format to a folder on an online storage (cloud for short) provided by us.
- You will receive the link for uploading as well as detailed instructions with your starting documents.
- Jury and award ceremony
- After the Fotomarathon, an independent jury will select the 5 best photo series (in short: winning series) from all submitted series.
- The winning series will be announced at a virtual award ceremony.
- The photographers of the winning series will receive their prizes via registered post and their photo series will be presented on our homepage.
- Photo exhibition and publication
- In addition to the winning series, all other submitted photos will be successively publicly exhibited on our homepage after the Fotomarathon.
- The submitted photos may not be published in advance of (the award ceremony and) the announcement of the winning series. In particular, publication on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Twitter, Flickr, etc.) or on a homepage is not permitted.
- Unfortunately, there will be no public exhibition of printed photo series this year.
- In case of non-compliance with the rules listed here, the organizing team of the Münster Photo Marathon will decide on the disqualification of the participant. The disqualification can also be pronounced retrospectively and may lead to the withdrawal of the prize.
- Pornographic, violent or other legally questionable depictions will lead to immediate disqualification and will not be shown.
- Rule changes
- We reserve the right to change or amend the rules of the competition. If the change affects essential parts of the rules (for example disqualification reasons), we will inform all participants in time via e-mail. For this purpose, we will use the e-mail address provided during registration.
- We will send the final rules with the starting documents.
Münster, March 15, 2021
Orgateam of the Fotofreunde Münsterland e.V.